incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [POLICY] Allow extra release distribution channels like the central Maven repository
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 21:17:54 GMT
On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 2:10 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Just so everyone understands this in context, the objection above is moot
> because...

No, it's not.  Anything that creates an impetus for a podling to get
out of the Incubator is goodness.  Too many podlings view the
Incubator as a comfy place - I believe that the Incubator PMC needs to
create more of a reason for projects to get in gear and graduate.
This isn't college - you don't get to stay here for the best seven
years of your life.  =)

I would almost say we should revisit the entire policy of letting a
podling release at all, but yah, I'm not really caring to reopen
*that* can of worms.  -- justin