incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Luciano Resende" <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Etch - next step toward incubation?
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 19:29:53 GMT
Please go ahead and submit CLA's and CCLA's.

Also, work with your mentors and create the necessary JIRAs to create
the new podling infrastructure resources. See some examples in [1]

Also, item 7 is very important, but looks like Etch is already in the
schedule [2]

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10410&component=12312448&resolution=-1&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 12:04 PM, James Dixson <jadixson@cisco.com> wrote:
> So we had a vote and there were plenty of binding votes for incubation
> ([VOTE RESULT] ->
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200809.mbox/%3CF7
> 95765B112E7344AF36AA911279641507EA165F@xmb-sjc-212.amer.cisco.com%3E )
>
> So now what? Is there supposed to be an acknowledgement by the PMC?
>
> According to the bootstrap section of the Mentor guide here are the steps:
>
>   1. Ensure Mentors are on the IPMC [Mentors]
>   2. Initialize project status page [IPMC member]
>   3. Start orientation [Prospective committers]
>   4. Start CLA and CCLA submission [Prospective committers]
>   5. Start IP Clearance [IPMC member]
>   6. Request Required Resources
>         1. Mailing Lists [Infrastructure Team]
>                * Consider and plan transition to official mailing lists
>         2. Subversion [IPMC]
>         3. Issue Tracking [IPMC]
>                * Consider and plan issue tracking transition
>   7. Add podling to reporting schedule [IPMC member]
>   8. Create website [Prospective committers]
>         1. Consider and plan web site transition
>
> I have all of the CLA's and the CCLA ready to send out, should I go ahead
> and do that, or should I wait until someone from the PMC actually asks for
> them?
>
> --
> James

Luciano Resende