incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: On incubating releases
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2008 00:25:23 GMT

On 27-Sep-08, at 7:46 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Jason,
>
> Exactly why in previous discussions i already asked..."Can the maven
> folks provide another way to do this?" (not showing disclaimers
> necessarily, something that the user has to do one time works too.
> Example: apt-get and keys)

We could do anything, but I'm not implementing pop ups. But you can.

On a download event the build could stop and make people read "An ode
to the Incubator: How important we are, and how like children you all
are". Or we could make them listen to that enduring audio classic:
"Did someone in the incubator just make something up that no one has
ever heard of before?" That one always makes me laugh (cry). Maybe we
can humor the users in the hopes they don't get pissed off with us
because we intentionally made things harder then they have to be.

I'll hope that people rely on the same tool that keeps them from
sniffing the ends of loaded shotguns, or bathing with toasters. That
would be the brain.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl