incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: On incubating releases
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2008 18:27:58 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 8:14 PM, Matthieu Riou <matthieu@offthelip.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>wrote:
>> If that's the case, then what's the point of having a separate repository?
>
> That the project B would have to, as much as possible, conscientiously add
> that dependency as long as it's not in the central repo.

The dependency doesn't just magically appear in project B, someone
needs to conscientiously add the <dependency/> setting there.

That person would already have seen the incubating web site, the
release notes and most likely also the README, all of which come with
our disclaimers. Also, he simply can't avoid seeing the "incubator"
label in the dependency. I don't understand how adding an extra
<repository/> setting would somehow make it the Incubator disclaimers
clearer.

BR,

Jukka Zitting