incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: On incubating releases
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2008 13:28:02 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com> wrote:
> We did the VOTE and everyone has stated their opinions. Why bring it
> up again and again?

I'm keeping this alive to better understand and perhaps somehow
address the concerns of the people who opposed the change.

The problem is, even with all the debates I still don't quite
understand the objections. I would understand if people wanted to ban
all releases. I would also understand if people wanted *all*
downstream users to display our disclaimers. But I don't understand
why we should treat one class of users differently from another.

So, I'm still hoping someone would enlighten me so we could perhaps
find some compromise that suits everyone (or at least a larger
majority). Otherwise I will just carry on and implement the proposal
based on majority rule.

BR,

Jukka Zitting