incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <>
Subject Re: On incubating releases
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2008 23:05:52 GMT

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 12:46 AM, Davanum Srinivas <> wrote:
> I see where you are going with this. But what i cannot for the life of
> me understand is why adding a tiny snippet of xml to project B's pom
> is so objectionable (adding another repo)?

You mean adding an extra <repository/> entry for

0) Except for the technical issues below it simply defeats the purpose
of our current policy. If we allow (or suggest, as we have no direct
control) downstream projects to use such a workaround to avoid the
extra configuration steps, then why should we even have a policy whose
purpose is to make end users go through those extra steps?

1) Artifacts that are deployed to the central repository should not
have dependencies that are not included in the central repository.

2) AFAIK per-POM <repository/> configurations are being deprecated.

3) An extra repository will slow down builds and cause extra network
traffic as Maven checks all configured repositories for missing

Jukka Zitting

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message