incubator-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] [POLICY] Allow extra release distribution channels like the central Maven repository
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:15:51 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> There is clearly a widely held feeling that incubating
> releases are different than "normal" ASF releases.

This is the crux of the issue.  I fail to see how they are fundamentally
different.  Releases and the release process is one of the most
standardized things in the ASF: 3+1 PMC votes, distributed on
www.apache.org/dist, etc.  Do releases from the Incubator project differ
from those of other projects?  I've always thought felt that the
Incubator is just another project, one that specializes in nursing new
projects to maturity.  But it has no special privileges or
responsibilities, does it?

Doug