incubator-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [POLICY] Allow extra release distribution channels like the central Maven repository
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 23:05:20 GMT
Will Glass-Husain wrote:
> It's very tempting to allow it, but in the end too dangerous to facilitate
> downloads that are hidden from the end user and may be undesireable.

Folks using Maven are already getting "hidden" downloads.  Why are
incubating releases any more dangerous?  Is the bar any lower for an
incubating release?  The incubating release process is a monitored
release process, with oversight to make sure that it upholds Apache's
ways.  What undesirable bits are we including in incubator releases?

Doug