incubator-general mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Depending on incubating project
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:00:09 GMT
Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 7:11 AM, Henning Schmiedehausen
> <henning@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Branch and experiment. FtpServer does not need to be one-dimensional.
>> You will probably not release this code to an unsuspecting public
>> anyway, will you? ;-)
>>

> I wouldn't know about unsuspecting :-) Yes, I would like to include
> this code in the FtpServer releases. Of course we due warning in
> place, like the incubation disclaimer.

It might be better to used directly a JSecurit release. As they already
have released a 0.9 version outside of Apache, maybe helping them to get
a first release inside Apache would help. Branching may be a problem as
the code base will evolve in both projects, making it difficult to merge
later. (IMHO)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com