incubator-general mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Depending on incubating project
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 13:20:31 GMT
Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> - legal, as while incubating, AFAIK, JSecurity can't release, when FtpServer
>> can : how does it fit ?
>>

> I believe incubating projects can now release as long as releases are
> clearly marked as incubating. And, if I understand things correctly,
> they are formal Apache releases as they have been voted by the IPMC.

Yeah, as described by the following page :
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html (my first post
was rather inexact, in that respect)

The thing is that it can be a fairly long process... But if FtpServer
committers can give an hand to the JSecurity team to fulfill the release
constrainsts, this can be a good thing for this project, accelerating
it's incubation process, for sure.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com