incubator-general mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: Depending on incubating project
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:57:41 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Niklas Gustavsson <> wrote:
>> Hi
>> Within Apache FtpServer, a subproject of MINA, we would like to
>> investigate the use of JSecurity to replace our current home-brewed
>> security solution. Now, JSecurity is still in incubation. Would this
>> pose a formal problem?
> If you can "complement" instead of "replace", then I think you have an
> ideal situation.

There are many aspects :
- legal, as while incubating, AFAIK, JSecurity can't release, when
FtpServer can : how does it fit ?
- to cover case #1, you can still use the external JSecurity version, as
an external jar (but what about the IP problems ?)
- cross-improvements : as mentioned by Niclas, if FtpServer can
complement Jsecurity, and vice-versa, that would be interesting for both

I don't know about #1, but I think this is the main concern, so far.
Anyone has a strong opinion on this point ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: