incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator Maven repo [WAS Re: [VOTE] [POLICY] Allow extra release distribution channels like the central Maven repository]
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 01:25:55 GMT
Bill,

Since you are stating facts. Let's make it clear that when someone
download the artifacts, there's a good chance that you will see the
disclaimers. With maven, we don't. That's the hiccup that caused the
policy in place right now and the bruising battle now being fought is
caused by the fact that there is no other
maven-pmc-blessed-and-approved-way to inform the folks who
auto-magically pull dependencies as of this moment and there is not
likely to be one in the future AFAICT.

-- dims