incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] VCL: Virtual Computing Lab
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:26:28 GMT
I knew a VOTE thread would stimulate folks :)

Perhaps Doug can weigh in on this from his perspective.  I see there
is a difference in that VCL is about supporting multiple smaller
systems in a virtualized environment rather than a massive compute
kind of arrangement.  I think there would likely be some overlap and
opportunities to synergize around image management / construction of
customized images, etc.

 From Tashi's Proposal one of the goals of Tashi is "The Tashi project
aims to build a software infrastructure for cloud computing on massive
internet-scale datasets (what we call Big Data). "

VCL is about hosting smaller numbers of custom servers and managing a
set of physical assets that might be part of a cloud.