incubator-general mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <henn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: On incubating releases
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 22:50:45 GMT
While I agree, I still feel, that you are doctoring on the symptoms
(release distribution channels) and not the cause. The cause is that
Apache Incubator projects and releases  are not fully endorsed by the
ASF until graduation.

Change that. Then everything else falls into place. Personally, I would
have no problem at all to drop the "must build community" aspect and
reduce the incubator to a mandatory IP-clearing house, that allows
projects to go through in mere weeks instead of years.

	Ciao
		Henning