incubator-general mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Droids
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 22:33:23 GMT
On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 14:31 -0700, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> This sounds good to me.
> Are you planning to run Droids on top of Hadoop?

Apache Droids aims to be a component framework for robots. Meaning that
"Apache Droids" has just a couple direct dependencies (logging, ...).
However components, such as plugins and robots (droids) can integrate
whatever they want.

>  If not, why not?

I gladly welcome a queue implementation for Apache Droids that is build
on top of hadoop. However that is ATM not very high on our todo list
since more basic stuff still needs some attention. The short goal is to
provide a couple of droids that can serve for the typical one-box
crawling use-cases (being wget or nutch like). As soon we reached enough
components we will look into support distributed queues.

However as always: patches are welcome. ;)

Cheers Otis for your feedback.

salu2