incubator-general mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <henn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator Maven repo [WAS Re: [VOTE] [POLICY] Allow extra release distribution channels like the central Maven repository]
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 04:07:18 GMT
On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 20:14 -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 06:57 -0400, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> >> I voted +1, but I personally think the vote is kind of irrelevant.....
> >
> >> Thus:
> >> If the central maven repository maintainers (Maven PMC) decide to put
> >> incubator artifacts into their repository without a click through "this is
> >> incubator code" disclaimer, we'd have no legal reason to say no.   The Apache

> >> License allows them to do so.
> >
> > The Incubator PMC controls the policy on how podlings release. Not the
> > upstream policy. And this policy says: "You keep your releases separated
> > from the official releases". Allowing the usage of a maven repo for
> > publishing these is a privilege, not a right.
>
> That information is stale;
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/{podling}/
> http://www.apache.org/dist/{tlp}/{subproject}/
>
> There was earlier confusion in the life of the Incubator that an incubating
> release is not an ASF release.  This misunderstanding has been corrected

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

"Podlings are not yet fully accepted as part of the Apache Software
Foundation. No release made by a Podling will be endorsed by the ASF.
Unendorsed releases may be made by Podlings subject to the following
policy."

Maybe you should do some reading... :-)

	Best regards
		Henning