incubator-general mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <>
Subject Re: Incubator Maven repo [WAS Re: [VOTE] [POLICY] Allow extra release distribution channels like the central Maven repository]
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 00:05:40 GMT
On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 06:57 -0400, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> I voted +1, but I personally think the vote is kind of irrelevant.....

> Thus:
> If the central maven repository maintainers (Maven PMC) decide to put
> incubator artifacts into their repository without a click through "this is
> incubator code" disclaimer, we'd have no legal reason to say no.   The Apache
> License allows them to do so.

The Incubator PMC controls the policy on how podlings release. Not the
upstream policy. And this policy says: "You keep your releases separated
from the official releases". Allowing the usage of a maven repo for
publishing these is a privilege, not a right.

	Best regards

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message