incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] apache-empire-db-2.0.3-incubating and apache-empire-struts2-ext-1.0.3-incubating release
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 14:26:32 GMT
Hi Thomas,

thanks very much for your detailed analysis.
It's a shame we missed that on our empire-db-dev vote.

Jörg has already commented about the md5 and sha file format.

As far as I understand it, there are two major problems with the empire-struts2-ext-1.0.3
release:

1. the missing freemarker info in the NOTICE file (we'll add HSQLDB as well)

2. the inclusion of servlet-api.jar and jsp-api.jar.

We can leave the servlet-api.jar and jsp-api.jar out of the distribution but only for the
price that it won't compile off the shelf, and this will make it more difficult for beginners
to run the sample. Does anyone have a suggestion how to deal with that (given that we use
maven only for a forthcoming release)?

Since all issues concern the empire-struts2-ext-1.0.3 distribution, does this mean that the
-1 is for this part only? And would you give a +1 for the empire-db-2.0.3 release?
(Just want to make sure, we're on the right track).

Since we built the 2.0.3 / 1.0.3 release we have made some improvemets and bugfixes. I suggest
skipping these releases and continuing with the 2.0.4 and 1.0.4 release.

Regards,
Rainer