incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <>
Subject Re: Multiple concerns reviewing BlueSky podling website
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:34:16 GMT
Does anyone from Bluesky care to comment and/or act on this?

IMO the bluesky website needs to be fixed *immediately*, by removing
all download links and misleading license-related statements.

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Luciano Resende <> wrote:
>> While reviewing the BlueSky podling website, I noticed the following issues :
>> - The BlueSky podling website have a download page, that is pointing
>> to non-apache bluesky released artifacts. I think this is at least
>> very confusing, as it can allude users to think this is a endorsed ASF
>> release. Is this OK ?....
> As others have indicated, the download links at
> point directly to non-ASF servers
> hosting, in some cases, GPL-licensed code (XPlayer), without any
> mention that said "releases" were made outside of the ASF.
> This is totally unacceptable.
> What would be ok, IMHO, is for the bluesky pages to point
> to a download page on another server, which lists the downloads and
> their licenses, and is clearly labelled as non-ASF.
> Bluesky mentors, is this being fixed?
> vaguely hints at
> "correcting things as quickly as possible", but it's been nine days
> since Luciano's message, and the download links are still up at
> -Bertrand

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message