incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multiple concerns reviewing BlueSky podling website
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2008 08:10:55 GMT
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
> While reviewing the BlueSky podling website, I noticed the following issues :
>
> - The BlueSky podling website have a download page, that is pointing
> to non-apache bluesky released artifacts. I think this is at least
> very confusing, as it can allude users to think this is a endorsed ASF
> release. Is this OK ?....

As others have indicated, the download links at
http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/ point directly to non-ASF servers
hosting, in some cases, GPL-licensed code (XPlayer), without any
mention that said "releases" were made outside of the ASF.

This is totally unacceptable.

What would be ok, IMHO, is for the apache.org bluesky pages to point
to a download page on another server, which lists the downloads and
their licenses, and is clearly labelled as non-ASF.

Bluesky mentors, is this being fixed?

http://markmail.org/message/l245dde7cjhwzmkj vaguely hints at
"correcting things as quickly as possible", but it's been nine days
since Luciano's message, and the download links are still up at
http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/

-Bertrand