incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Etch
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 16:41:18 GMT
On 8/1/08, scott comer (sccomer) <sccomer@cisco.com> wrote:
> we might have overdone the committer list here a bit so nobody who made
> a significant contribution felt left out. :-)

Having a long committer list is not necessarily bad but projects which
enter with a long list of which only a small number are enthusiastic
and active often find incubation more challenging. For example,
listing someone as a committer means they need to fill in the
paperwork etc and subscribe to the lists. If people have made
significant contributions and are enthusiastic then they will be an
asset. If they aren't interested they the extra names may prove a
burden.

- robert