incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Add voting guide to incubator docs?
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:14:51 GMT
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com> wrote:

> Do you have any ideas on how to make sure that people read and understand
> the documentation, either the existing or proposed update?

I suspect it's an ordering issue (and conflation of the concept of PMC
and PPMC, rather than PMC and IPMC). The section on who's vote is
binding is buried relatively deeply in the last sentance of the 3rd
paragraph, immediately before the information you were probably
scanning the page for in the first place if you'd read the page before
and wanted a refresher.

I think a seperate "How to vote" that both the release page and the
PPMC page can reference would help clarify things. Might not help with
people who just don't read it in the first place, or read it and then
forget how it's suppoused to work but..

- Aidan
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
"Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time." - Theodore Roosevelt