incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Incubating M3 (RC3)
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 23:44:59 GMT
Hi Aidan,

First, the good news:

The process is spot on. Summary of votes, location of artifacts to
vote on. The only thing I'd like to see in the process is the nominal
close date for this vote.

I found the release artifacts and downloaded one of them to take a
look: qpid-incubating-M3.tar.gz. The signature checks out, except your
key isn't signed by anyone. This can be fixed for later (you should
attend a key signing party).

Last, the not so good:

There should be a KEYS file high up in your directory structure. I
didn't look too hard for it elsewhere, but just downloaded your key
from the public keyserv. I later found a KEYS in the java directory,
but it's clearly misplaced here and doesn't appear to contain your key.

There is still no LICENSE file high in your distribution. If you go to
many of the project directories at the top level you don't find the
LICENSE either.

For example, qpid-incubating-M3/cpp/ has LICENSE and NOTICE. Great.

But qpid-incubating-M3/java has no LICENSE or NOTICE. Not ok. If your
intent is that the files in java/resources are supposed to cover the
entire java directory, they need to be popped up a level when you
package the release, because there's no indication that this is the
intent. We don't want people to guess where LICENSE and NOTICE files
apply.

The qpid-incubating-M3/gentools has no LICENSE or NOTICE.

The qpid-incubating-M3/specs have licenses and notices in the files
but again, you need LICENSE and NOTICE files popped up at least one
level.

The qpid-incubating-M3/cc has no LICENSE or NOTICE.

The qpid-incubating-M3/bin has no LICENSE or NOTICE.

The qpid-incubating-M3/review has no LICENSE or NOTICE.

The qpid-incubating-M3/buildtools has no LICENSE or NOTICE.

Craig