incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Niklas Gustavsson" <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.8.1-incubating release
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:19:22 GMT
On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 08:20:59PM +0200, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
>> "Copyright (c) 2008 Akos Maroy <darkeye@tyrell.hu>
>>
>> Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification,
>> are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright
>> notice and this notice are preserved."
>>
>> However, the NOTICE file does not contain the second line and I can't
>> seem to find it elsewhere.
>
> The paragraph under the copyright line is effectively the software licences and
> the NOTICE file does not contain any licence information for 3rd party software.

You might be right, however, my interpretation of this:
"The remainder of the NOTICE file is to be used for required
third-party notices"

And the use of the work "notice" in the autoconf statement made me
think you need it in the NOTICE file. But, I'm sure more knowledgeable
people will step in :-)

/niklas