incubator-general mailing list archives

From "ant elder" <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Pig 0.1.0-incubating
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 07:06:43 GMT
On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 7:26 PM, Olga Natkovich <olgan@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Apache Pig dev community voted to release Pig 0.1.0-incubating. We had 4
> +1 votes from committers and mentors and no 0 or -1 votes. (Message-ID:
> <236D5828CF7F5749AF1BCB7F87596DE1020F594E@SNV-EXVS09.ds.corp.yahoo.com>)
> .
>
> The artifacts are available at
> http://people.apache.org/~olga/pig-0.1.0-candidate-4/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eolga/pig-0.1.0-candidate-4/>
> <http://people.apache.org/~olga/pig-0.1.0-candidate-4/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eolga/pig-0.1.0-candidate-4/>
> >

> Please vote by 6 pm on Thursday, 8/14.
>
> Olga

The main issue is the NOTICE file is missing some copyrights for the 3rd
party products that are included such as javacc, jsch, and jetty (jetty is
embedded within the pig-0.1.0-incubating-core.jar). I think this should be
fixed for this release.

Some other comments:

If the pig-0.1.0-incubating-core.jar is to be distributed separately (eg
maven repo) then it needs to include LICENSE/NOTICE/DISCLAIMER files.

The signature used to sign the distribution isn't available online from a
public key server, eg pgp.surfnet.nl

The release should be built from an svn tag but there doesn't seem to be
one.

Would be helpful to include a RAT report in the VOTE email

Other than that it looks good, if the NOTICE file is updated it would get my
+1.

   ...ant