incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Add voting guide to incubator docs?
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 18:03:22 GMT
Hi Martijn,

On Aug 24, 2008, at 4:59 AM, Martijn Dashorst wrote:

> There is always a lot of confusion on whose votes are binding in our
> podlings. The PPMC guide has a small, easy to overlook sentence which
> states the obviously not so obvious: "And note that binding votes are
> those cast by Incubator PMC members."

I believe that the confusion is among people who have not actually
read the guide in detail, and think they know the process, or think
they have a better idea of how to run the process.

> Any objections to crafting such a document, and who would want to take
> the lead? As this would be a guide, this would be CTR.

While I have no objection to your crafting such a document, I suspect
that documentation isn't the issue. It's failure to read the
documentation or failure to ask questions where the existing
documentation isn't clear.

Do you have any ideas on how to make sure that people read and
understand the documentation, either the existing or proposed update?

Craig