incubator-general mailing list archives

From "scott comer (sccomer)" <scco...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Etch
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 18:23:26 GMT
we might have overdone the committer list here a bit so nobody who made
a significant contribution felt left out. :-)

(in addition to what james dixson has reported about himself) for the
last two months, the main contributors to the compiler and the java and
csharp bindings (the core) have been gaurav and me. going forward,
support and enhancements to the core would fall mainly on gaurav and me.
manoj ganesan has spent a lot of time working on the core in the past,
and is currently supporting the xml binding and the cuae use of same.
for the last 9 months james deCocq has been working on the c binding.
rene barazza and youngjin park will be contributing to the c binding as
well. seth call has been working on the javascript binding / json
transport. generally patches to the core would be vetted by gaurav and
me, as well as recruiting and mentoring new contributors to the project.

summary:

architecture: scott comer
compiler, java and csharp binding: scott comer, gaurav sandhir
build: james dixson
c binding: james deCocq, rene barazza, youngjin park
javascript binding: seth call
python binding: james dixson
documentation: shy pease

of those, only gaurav and i are full time on the etch project, everyone
else has other duties as well. there is plenty of room for more
contributors on current and future projects:

ruby binding
python binding
web services gateway
web services transport
maven build
automated interop test framework and suite
better testing framework for the compiler
a host of smaller projects

scott out