incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Cesar D. Rodas" <sad...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal - Question
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 19:31:32 GMT
Hello to all,

My name is C├ęsar Rodas, from Paraguay, I'm newbie in this mail list, so my
question may be recursive and quite stupid with a simple answer, so I ask
apologizes.

I have a project, which I haven't start  coding yet but I will start ASAP.
Basically it will be a Text Categorizer (Apache TextCat is a good name,
right?), that will be topics and language independent, that will learn by
examples.

I was thinking to build it in C using APR, and I planning to build it very
modular, and really easy to extend. You may be wondering why C instead of
Java, and the answer is quite simple, I want the project run faster, and
that it can embedded, and wrapped from other languages, PHP, Python, Perl,
Java, etc. This is only my opinion.

Further technicals details will be explained into my proposal.

My question is, do I need to have something working to propose the project
to the Apache Incubator?, or I can propose a project that I'm planning to
code?

Also, will be great if the folk can say what you think about this project?,
Will it be useful?

Kind Regards,

P.D: As you can see,I can't write a perfect English, since I'm not a native
English speaker.
--
Cesar D. Rodas
http://cesar.la/