incubator-general mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject legal questsion
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 14:50:05 GMT
Hello everyone, since the discussion on the myfaces devs list has
pointed me towards here a legal question.
I developed in my working time which I can dedicate to opensource
software a significant library, licensed under ASF 2.0 license.
It is an extension library to the myfaces tomahawk library.
Every single line of code of that lib is currently written by me.
I have committer rights to myfaces.

The main issue is, that the library itself probably will end up as
separate myfaces subproject.

The main issue is, is any incubation needed, or can the code just be
merged in. Or does a ip clearance/software grant has to be performed
upfront. The code was developed outside of the myfaces repo, but the
coderights, and licensing issues are in the clear!

Kind regards

Werner Punz