incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][POLICY] fix table of contents
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 06:46:04 GMT
On 7/30/08, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 July 2008 12:52, Niall Pemberton wrote:
>
>> I think its the other way round - requiring a vote for any change to
>> the docs, however minor, is bureaucracy gone mad. I think we can trust
>> people to decide whether they're actually changing policy (use RTC) or
>> just making a correction (use CTR) and I'm sure if its a grey area
>> (e.g. clarifying/re-wording an existing policy) then people will err
>> on the side of caution.
>
> +1, CTR is far more effient than RTC, and we are low on overall resources
> here, so I am all for CTR.

Policy should remain RTC
This is only document that is RTC. If there's any problem getting
3+1's for a cosmetic change then the IPMC has bigger problem.
Switching to CTR for policy will increase the work required to
document policy and reduce rule making precision. RTC ensures that
policy is not only recorded but is also recorded as intended.

The ToC issue could be fixed permanently by switching to the anakia
ToC macros.Robert