incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Eelco Hillenius" <eelco.hillen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jt Pattern Oriented Framework (looking for champion/mentors)
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 07:41:07 GMT
Hi Ed,

Judging from http://jt.dev.java.net/, there is one active person on
the project, and now discussion or other signs of community
whatshowever. Wouldn't it be a good idea to start building up a
community on that site first?

Regards,

Eelco

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 8:19 PM, David S <dsheppard2k@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Our project (Jt Pattern Oriented Framework) is interested in joining the ASF incubator.
>
> After getting familiar with the incubator policies and procedures, we are looking for
people interested in becoming a champion or a mentor.  We hope to learn more about ASF and
pursue the proposal process.

> Additional information about this Open Source project can be found at http://jt.dev.java.net/
>
> The framework should address the following goals:
>
> A) The pattern oriented framework should implement and/or facilitate the implementation
of well-known design patterns like GoF design patterns and J2EE Design patterns. The framework
itself should be conceived and implemented based on design patterns (from the ground up).
The framework should also facilitate and accelerate the implementation of applications based
on design patterns.
> B) The framework architecture should be based on a messaging design pattern: framework
objects should be able to interchange information and perform computations by sending, receiving
and processing messages. A messaging API provides strong encapsulation and loose coupling;
framework components can be easily plugged into complex framework applications using a "lego/messaging"
architecture. The framework should take full advantage of the power and simplicity of the
messaging design pattern.
> C) The framework lego/messaging architecture should provide transparent access to remote
components: remote framework objects should be treated as local objects. Design patterns implemented
by the framework (adapters, remote proxies and facades) should make this posible by hiding
the complexities associated with remote APIs.
> D) The framework should provide transparent integration with other technologies via framework
adapters, proxies and the implementation of related design patterns. These technologies include
BPM, DAO implementations, MVC implementations, EJBs, JMS, XML and Web Services.
> E) The framework should be designed to be lightweight and fast in terms of performance
(low overhead).
> F) The framework messaging/lego architecture should improve and simplify design/development
efforts. There should be a tight correspondence between UML design diagrams and the framework
messaging based applications and components needed for the implementation. Ideally, the framework
should provide wizards and automated capabilities for generating framework applications. Framework
components should be easily added to BPM process diagrams. In future versions of the framework,
it should be possible for applications to be generated directly from the UML design diagrams.
> G) The framework messaging architecture should facilitate testing and debugging efforts.
The framework should provide capabilities for testing components independently (each component
as a unit) by sending messages and verifying the reply (output) messages.