incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Tashi
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:45:10 GMT
David,

I just reviewed http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TashiProposal.
Interesting.  Has anyone been in touch with VMware, XenSource, Google,
Amazon, et al to invite them to participate?

With respect to "Initially, we plan to start with one committer each from
Carnegie Mellon and Intel Research, with a Yahoo committer to be determined
later", that's awkwardly phrased.  It appears to imply a corporate
representative doing commits for "hidden" people, something that we consider
to be an anti-pattern.  Whomever is to be actively involved in development
should be on the committer list.  If it is just a community of just The Two
Michaels, fine, but the wording should be rephrased.

	--- Noel