incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Tashi
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 23:22:10 GMT
Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:

> The wording for the Yahoo! "slot" sounded to me like there has been a
> decision at management level that CMU, Intel and Yahoo! want to do some
> work on that subject [...]

I believe that we've made it clear that there are no corporate slots, and
that the language needed reworking.

> And finally: from your proposal and your concept, it is very clear to
> me that you *will* be cutting very very close to proprietary open source
> (i.e. GPL licensed) code and you will need to interface with such code.

> XEN e.g. is GPLv2 licensed and you can not host any code at Apache that
> needs to be linked with XEN.

Now that raises an interesting question ... if we define our own vendor
neutral, Apache licensed, interface definition, are we allowed to host the
source for our own implementation of it that is intended to support a GPL
licensed work?  I have my view on that, but it is an interesting issue.

	--- Noel