incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: SVN move
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 19:07:43 GMT

On Jul 28, 2008, at 10:49 AM, Les Hazlewood wrote:

>> Let's turn this around and look at it from a different light.  What's
>> stopping us from doing a 0.9.0 release in the incubator?  I'm
>> guessing that
>> you need the packages to be the same?
>

> Yes, that is one of the biggest reasons I can see at the moment.
>
> Probably more of a driving force though is that we're trying to
> release RC1
> in hopefully the next day or two - we have business users waiting on
> fixes
> that they really need, and I'm afraid we might make them wait much
> longer if
> we go through the the full release approval process.

It takes at least a week for an incubating release to get out because
in addition to getting everything right the first time, you need a 3
day vote in the project and a 3 day vote in the incubator.

Ok, it takes at least 6 days. Sue me. ;-)

Craig

> - Les

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com