incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Brett Porter" <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Do we really need an incubator?
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 16:07:10 GMT
Hi Jim,

2008/7/11 Jim Jagielski <>:
> And I am forced to agree as well... To be honest, I still at times
> question exactly the "relationship" between the ASF and Maven is.
> It's no surprise that Maven chomps at the bit quite a bit regarding
> ASF policies, but values the "Apache brand" enough to tow the
> line.

The Maven PMC is a pretty large and diverse group of people, and while
I can only speak for myself, I think you'll find that the majority of
the individual members don't share that attitude, and do value the ASF
for what it is and not the brand.

Brett Porter

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: