incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Reminder: July Reports are due
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 03:40:57 GMT

On Jul 13, 2008, at 10:08 AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Craig Russell wrote:
>> I guess I missed the update on the process.
>
> What update?  We've been using the Wiki to accumulate these reports
> since
> pretty much the beginning.
>
>> I've been sending the reports for the podlings I'm mentoring to the
>> general at incubator list for a year now.
>
> And I've been copying them into the report, although I seem to recall
> having missed one of yours at some point.

Thank you very much for that. I didn't realize that someone was taking
our input and putting it somewhere else before sending it on to the
board.

>> So is the requirement that the podling update the wiki page instead
>> of
>> or in addition to sending the report to the incubator?
>
> I don't know that we've ever made a *requirement*, other than that the
> report must be submitted to the PMC and not just stuck someone in
> Helen
> Keller's forest.  But it does make handling the reports a bit easier
> for
> everyone if they are all in one place.

Again, I didn't realize that there was an extra layer of processing
between "send to general at incubator" and "send to board". The only
thing I recall is some comment about "make sure that board reports
don't contain any irritating wiki markup".

If the process is to update the wiki instead of sending to general at
incubator, I'll gladly do that instead. I'm sure I'm not the only
mentor who didn't realize this...

Craig

> 	--- Noel

Craig L Russell