incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Martijn Dashorst" <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVN move
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:15:44 GMT
On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> So, to make this a little more clear, when Wicket performed a few non-ASF
> releases on their old project site was their old Subversion repository
> shutdown and the ASF Subversion repository exclusively used?

Yes. We are volunteers. Having to maintain 2 repositories would have
been prohibitive. We made it absolutely clear that if we were not able
to create releases from our code base, and had to maintain 2
repositories, we would not have joined Apache.

> Was work for the non-ASF release checked into and maintained on the ASF Subversion
> repository?

Yes. When we imported our repository we included everything (full
history) from our old SVN repository.

> What about the older, pre-incubation, versions of Wicket?  Were
> they also stored and maintained on the ASF Subversion repository?

Yes, but older versions are no longer maintained (we currently only
support ASF releases, provided there are no security issues).

Martijn

Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released