incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Click Incubation - Status
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:32:23 GMT
Correct me if I am wrong, but what you are saying is that there should
be a record somewhere (such as a Click prior email archive?) where a
person states his intent to donate the code? What if this person was a
committer, and stated his intent by quietly committing the code?

> In any case, "rewriting this code" does not have any impact on
> copyright.
> Nobody can change the copyright on a work by copying it, even when the
> copy is from distant memory (think music for comparisons).

I guess there are different theories about that. I am not ready to
argue in depth about that. But when I wrote a few Cayenne DB adapters
that had been written by other people before, I am pretty sure I
didn't steal anyone's original work.

Andrus