incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Click Incubation - Status
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:42:34 GMT

On Jul 30, 2008, at 10:32 AM, Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:

> My personal understanding here is, that Ahmed (and any other
> contributor) contributed that code to a project that is already under
> AL2. So there is no need to track down the contributors and/or rewrite
> code where the contributor can not be tracked down. The AL allows
> relicensing under AL2 ( :-) ), so the code in the repository is fine.

The policy may have changed, but the above was NOT true when Cayenne
was incubating. What I suspect is happening is that there is no
*policy* as such, and instead we have a range of opinions.

What you (and Roy) are saying makes sense to me, but it goes against
everything I know about the practiced IP clearance process at Apache.

Andrus