incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Do we really need an incubator?
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 01:16:30 GMT
On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> Huh?  The only difference I know of is the possible presence
> of external dependencies on LGPL code, which is not a legal
> question at all.  All legal issues are satisfied before we
> even let the code be imported, let alone released.

My understanding is quite the opposite.

In the past, we've been quite happy to import code into the Incubator
repository before all of the legal issues are resolved, and we have
very often issued releases without the appropriate disclaimers, CLAs,
license texts, etc, etc.  I know that many (if not most!) previously
open-sourced projects within our Incubator only get iCLAs on file well
after the code has been imported and very likely after a few releases
were made.  -- justin