incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Luciano Resende" <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple concerns reviewing BlueSky podling website
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 20:18:50 GMT
While reviewing the BlueSky podling website, I noticed the following issues :

- The BlueSky podling website have a download page, that is pointing
to non-apache bluesky released artifacts. I think this is at least
very confusing, as it can allude users to think this is a endorsed ASF
release. Is this OK ?

- The BluSky website is based on the Tuscany design and styles, and
during the page content copy, some tuscany specific code were also
copied. See patch below with necessary changes. [3]

- Why we have urchin.js [1], a Google Copyrighted js used by Google
analytics checked in to Apache SVN ? Is this OK legal wise ? If the
file is really needed, I'd recommend pointing to the online version as
below ? See patch below with suggested change [3].

    <SCRIPT src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"
type="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>

Noticed that I have created a patch [3] that address the last two issues.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/files/html/Bluesky%20Downloads%20&%20Documentations%20%20Apache%20Bluesky.htm
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bluesky/webpage/files/images/urchin.js
[3] http://people.apache.org/~lresende/bluesky/bluesky-website.patch

--