incubator-general mailing list archives

From David S <dsheppar...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Jt Pattern Oriented Framework (looking for champion/mentors)
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2008 03:36:38 GMT
Noel,

We plan to prepare a preliminary proposal that should address many of these questions (technical
state, membership, interfaces with other technologies, etc). I'll send it to the mailing list
for discussion as soon as possible.. I can tell you that the current version of the framework
meets many of the original design goals (should, will). It is a version 2.5 (fairly mature
software base). Actually there are several production applications that have been built on
top of  this pattern oriented framework.

We look forward to having this discussion.

Regards,

Edgar

--- On Thu, 7/17/08, Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com> wrote:
From: Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com>
Subject: RE: Jt Pattern Oriented Framework (looking for champion/mentors)
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Date: Thursday, July 17, 2008, 3:22 PM

David Sheppard wrote:

> Our project (Jt Pattern Oriented Framework [http://jt.dev.java.net/]) is
> interested in joining the ASF incubator.

> After getting familiar with the incubator policies and procedures, we are
> looking for people interested in becoming a champion or a mentor.  We hope
> to learn more about ASF and pursue the proposal process.

As you can see, several people have already taken a look at the project,
each from their own perspective.  I, for example, looked at it last night,
and wondered how it would tie into/relate with Ode, Tuscany, and other
similar/related ASF projects, given the emphasis on messaging, BPM, etc.

Can you tell us more about who is currently involved, and the current
technical state of the project (q.v. a number of the statements in the
proposal were phrased as "will" and "should")?

	--- Noel