incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Click Incubation - Status
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:07:00 GMT
> Let's take this to legal-discuss and see what comes out. After all,
> that
> is where the lawyers lurk.

Good idea.

Also keep in mind that the problem scope is not limited to the
projects coming to the incubator. It also affects contributions to the
existing projects by new people. Currently anything beyond a trivial
patch (submitted via Jira with "include in ASF product" radio button),
requires an ICLA. We specifically tell people to sign an ICLA. With
Roy's interpretation, we should be telling them "post this code on the
web somewhere, adding a BSD license header, and we'll use it".

Andrus

On Jul 30, 2008, at 10:46 AM, Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:

> I feel your pain and I know that Cayenne was in a bad spot because of
> this. But if we can ease the process for others, why not?
>
> Let's take this to legal-discuss and see what comes out. After all,
> that
> is where the lawyers lurk.
>
> 	Ciao
> 		Henning
>

> On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 10:42 -0400, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> On Jul 30, 2008, at 10:32 AM, Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
>>
>>> My personal understanding here is, that Ahmed (and any other
>>> contributor) contributed that code to a project that is already
>>> under
>>> AL2. So there is no need to track down the contributors and/or