incubator-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Tashi
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 18:25:22 GMT
Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
> I noticed that you cut out the part about interfacing with
> Apache-incompatible code. As this project will be surrounded on all
> sides by non-Apache license able code, do you have a plan on how to
> amend this and how does the current demo code handle this?

I would expect that Tashi would use Xen command-line programs, not link
directly to Xen's C API's.  And, for software like Tashi, whose primary
role is to manage Xen-based clusters, Xen is clearly a "system
requirement", and is acceptable under Apache's 3rd party license policy.

This seems to me like an issue to be handled in detail during
incubation.  If we cannot find a workable solution, then Tashi would not
graduate, but at this point I don't see obvious IP roadblocks.

Doug