incubator-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Tashi
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:27:40 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> With respect to "Initially, we plan to start with one committer each from
> Carnegie Mellon and Intel Research, with a Yahoo committer to be determined
> later", that's awkwardly phrased.  It appears to imply a corporate
> representative doing commits for "hidden" people, something that we consider
> to be an anti-pattern.

That is not the intent.  The intent is for Yahoo! to assign someone to
work on this project as a direct contributor.  But that person has not
yet been identified.

> Whomever is to be actively involved in development
> should be on the committer list.  If it is just a community of just The Two
> Michaels, fine, but the wording should be rephrased.

+1 If Y! does not name someone soon, then that entry should be removed.
  A committer from Y! can always be added later, based on merit.

Doug