incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: Guide vs Policy: requirements for a Champion
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2008 18:55:00 GMT
Roland Weber wrote:
> I'm still wondering where the discrepancy comes
> from in the first place.

It was there from the start of the documents [1],
in revision 46392 (October 2003) when Champion
and Sponsor were still called "Sponsor" and
"Sponsoring Entity". Which also explains why the
guide says that the champion "sponsors" the proposal.

Has there ever been a case of a non-member champion?
If not, I suggest to stick with the policy and fix
the guide, since the policy is simpler. I could take
care of the editing next week. Should have both time
and karma by then.

cheers,
   Roland

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/public/trunk/site-author/incubation/