incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <>
Subject Re: Guide vs Policy: requirements for a Champion
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:33:20 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> the guide sounds like it's an improvement

Or one might argue that it tells some complicated
things to cover a case without real significance.
I've found [1] in the archives, which indicates
that the policy used to allow officers originally.
The guide says that an officer-not-member champion
needs to be on the PMC of the sponsor. If the
sponsor cannot find an ASF member to champion a
proposal, maybe the sponsor has more important
problems to deal with.

> so the best approach would
> be to create a patch and start a VOTE thread to get the change
> approved.

I'm still wondering where the discrepancy comes
from in the first place. Maybe I'll do some more
archive digging next week. But I might prepare a
patch for the broken links in the "Exiting the
Incubator" section of the TOC :-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message