incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA-AS 2.2.2-incubating
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:31:54 GMT
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> I tried running mvn:site on the source distro, but it failed
> generating the javadocs because the uimaj-as pom.xml specifies
> <source>1.4</source> for the javadoc plugin and there are JDK 1.5+
> features used. When I changed that to "1.5" the javadocs generation
> then failed throwing a MissingResourceException with the message
> "Can't find resource for bundle
> com.sun.tools.doclets.formats.html.resources.standard, key
> doclet.malformed_html_link_tag" - in the uimaj-ep-runtime-deployeditor
> module - unfortunately doesn't indicate which class is causing that.
>
> IMO this is not a showstopper (would be nice to fix for the next
> release) and the main build (mvn:install) works fine and everything
> looks like it is in place - so +1 from me for the release.
>
> Niall

Hi Niall -

We haven't (yet) adopted the "maven" way to generating a site.  So I'm
not surprised that that didn't work.  We generate our javadocs as part
of the mvn assembly:assembly (in the uima-as-dist dir) done after a mvn
install (in the uimaj-as dir).  This process is consistent with how the
other projects build their javadocs for binary distros, in the UIMA
project.

We'll take a look at the maven "site" goal and see if it makes sense to
support it.

-Marshall