incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA CasEditor-2.2.2-incubating
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:40:36 GMT
Luciano Resende wrote:
> The binary distributions, both windows and linux, have the
> com.ibm.icu_3.6.1.v20070906.jar in the plugins directory and the
> about_files/license.html from the ICU jar mention the following :
>
> ICU License - ICU 1.8.1 and later
> COPYRIGHT AND PERMISSION NOTICE
> Copyright (c) 1995-2007 International Business Machines Corporation and others
> All rights reserved.
>
> But I haven't found any attribution on License/Notice files.

Some background on the license/notice file for this is in this thread
from legal - discuss:  http://markmail.org/message/nnfarn3c4snxyrxw

The bottom line here I think is to append the ICU license to the LICENSE
file, and a short ref about it in the NOTICE file, following Luciano's
recommendation in the 1st reply to the above referenced thread.

-Marshall