incubator-general mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Do we really need an incubator?
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 00:57:32 GMT

 From what I have seen many of the incubator releases have been better
vetted than those
from graduated projects. So I don't buy the argument.

I also had to bite my tough on the maven thread.. I think it is mostly
BS to give Java an easy
route to publicity from inside incubator if no other coding language
gets the same perks. So
to be consistent, we might as well throw it all open. At that point the
motivation to graduate
is mostly removed. i.e. are we turning incubator into - did the project
stay active to n months and
is the IP clear? That would be what we are practically doing.

I would personally vote -1 on the maven thread until Dims questions and
the role of incubator
in the new world is defined.

Carl.